Biyernes, Mayo 27, 2011

Galaxy Ace. Behind the box.



This writing is merely a review on my phone. The objective is to help Filipinos decide whether to buy an Ace or any Galaxy phone from Samsung. Samsung didn’t pay me to write this review neither Nokia/Sony asked me to criticized my Ace. My objective is to limit the use of technical words so that ordinary people can understand it in simple language.

I’ve been using Ace for 2 months now. And I made some physical improvements on it. I bought a screen protector and a silicon case to make my ace so called “protected”. I bought it for 15,000php on credit. My original plan is to purchase Galaxy Mini (during that time mini is 4,000php cheaper than ace) but unfortunately the phone is out of stock. My officemate says it was a strategy of retailers to make cheaper phone “out of stock” so that consumers will purchase unit with the higher price. Well, everybody is entitled to their opinion. For complete specs and comparison, you can visit gsmarena.com . I will not lay here the specs of Ace, I’ll just enumerate some key features of it.

Well, we know Galaxy Ace is an android phone. It’s OS is developed by Google. Simply, an android phone can run multiple applications,  you can create text messages while a song is playing on the background and while your twitter account is being updated.

Let’s make this review straight. So what are the key features of Ace?
  • ·         Thread messages.
  • ·         You can view office documents such as Word, Excel and PDF files.
  • ·         You can download thousands of apps on android market for free.
  • ·         5 megapixel camera with flash.
  • ·         You can sync multiple accounts.
  • ·         You can view particular updates, messages, tweets from your friends in just one site.
  • ·         You can create SMS by using “swype”
  • ·         Its screen, 16M colors. No additional explanation needed.
  • ·         Android Froyo.
  • ·         Wifi capability.
  • ·         800 MHz ARM 11 processor, So it is faster.
  • ·         Gorilla glass display


So what are the drawbacks?
  • ·         Battery
  • ·         Internal Memory of 158MB
  • ·         Battery
  • ·         Battery


For me, this is just some key advantages and drawbacks on my Galaxy Ace. Today you can purchase Galaxy Ace for just 13,000php. And If you will ask me whether it’s worth your money or not, Simply the answer is yes. With its 16 million colors, you can download some superb games and live wallpapers. It is run by Froyo, So what is Froyo? Froyo is the 4th version of android. Yes already four. But unfortunately, It is not the latest. The latest update for android is Gingerbread. But the good news is, Ace can be updated to Gingerbread, but hold on peeps, it may void your warranty, so wait until your warranty period is over before you upgrade it to Gingerbread.  Too much for that stuff.  In Froyo you can directly install applications to your memory card without needing to manually move it to SD card. The 3.5” LCD display is very responsive so you gotta enjoy the touch more. With regards to its battery, don’t be frustrated. All android phones are battery-eater, Battery monster in fact.  But you can find some extra ways to make the life of your battery longer. It will be featured on my next articles here.

Some last words, I want it to be clear. The moment you purchased your android, you will be shocked. It is just awesomely different on your old phones. You will be overwhelmed, your standard on mobile phones will be higher. And after few hours you will realized that your ace is useless, no games, no music. You will ask yourself. Is it worthy ? The answer is, go and create your Google account and start downloading games, applications and other widgets to personalized your phone and make it a very powerful tool. Good luck buddy.
Just remember this formula:

Good Phone = Powerful android = Good applications

Good Applications = Great LCD display + Froyo + Huge internal memory

Unfortunately Ace internal memory is limited to 158MB. The fact that not all applications can be installed to SD card, this will be a huge problem to users. But the good news is, a lot of applications that can be installed directly to phone can now be moved to SD card, just download their latest update. So No Problemo?

Thanks for reading my blog. This is my first time here. You can follow me on twitter. naitsirhc_33 or sports_dude33. You can catch me on Yahoo, SBNation blog, Phoenix Suns blog for some juicy Phoenix Suns and other NBA news. My next article will feature some applications that will make your android phone powerful and enjoyable. So keep reading, and hold your horses buddy.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento